INBOUND FLIGHT SCHEDULE, REQUIREMENTS FOR ARRIVALS ON INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS
The Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam has submitted detailed plans for flight schedules and requirements for airlines to bring international passengers into Vietnam, awaiting approval from the Ministry of Transport and concerned authorities. According to the aviation authority, there will be nine total inbound flights a week landing in Hanoi and HCM City.
Vietnam Airlines check-in counter at Noi Bai International Airport
Recently, Vietnam has decided to reopen international flights to and from six Asian destinations including Japan, South Korea, China, China’s Taiwan, Laos and Cambodia – six months after the country closed its border on March 22 to battle the spread of the coronavirus. Earlier on September 11, the agency sent letters to their Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese and South Korean counterparts detailing the plans. The Asian partners all agreed with Vietnam’s plan.
• Airlines will only process bookings for passengers who provide all necessary information – including the names and phone numbers of the passengers’ contacts in Vietnam, address and phone number of the quarantine facility they will stay in, and the phone number of the host organisation who will receive the passengers at the airport.
• Vietnamese and foreign airlines can only complete flight procedures for passengers with valid visas.
• Passengers must produce documents to prove they have been allowed to quarantine in facilities such as diplomatic representative’s buildings, factories, business headquarters, hotels or other similar accommodations, or centralised quarantine facilities managed by the military.
To this end, local governments in Vietnam must publicise the list of all certified quarantine facilities in their jurisdiction as well as transportation services that can bring passengers to the quarantine facilities, in addition to the cost of each quarantine option and coronavirus testing. All localities must be uniform in their reception of foreign entries and not introduce separate procedures for flights that have already got permits to operate.
Requirement during check-in procedures
• The airlines ask passengers to present their passport, entry visa, and proofs of a negative SARS-CoV-2 PRC test obtained three days before boarding.
• The negative test must be certified by the Vietnamese diplomatic representative in their country or locality.
• Before boarding, passengers must wear masks, install the Vietnamese contact-tracing app Bluezone and the Vietnam Health Declaration app on their mobile devices, and fill out the health forms. Airlines must carry out temperature checks and deny boarding for anyone with a temperature of more than 37.5 degrees Celsius.
Currently, permitted entries to Vietnam are limited to foreign investors, business executives, experts, highly skilled workers, diplomats, international students – and their family – along with returning Vietnamese and their relatives. International tourists are still not allowed in yet. Meanwhile, Vietnam Airlines and Vietjet have registered with the aviation authority to conduct these flights from September 21. However, as authorities have not fully fleshed out screenings, entry and quarantine protocols, the flights have not been implemented.
Note: Professionals can enter Vietnam less than 14 days without concentrated quarantine requirement
Please contact us for any further concerns related to the topic of this article.